Pumpkin and Cinnamon Loaf (2 loaf recipe)
225 ml pumpkin juice ( juice pumpkins after peeling and removing seeds)
150 ml milk
700gr strong flour
50gr fresh yeast
2 tsp. cinnamon powder
- Warm pumpkin juice and milk over low heat, add butter and wait until melted.
- Put flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a baking bowl.
- Remove warm milk mixture from heat and add the fresh yeast stirring all the time until yeast dissolved
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and knead until dough like mixture, (best to use clean hands for this).
- Cover with dry clean tea towel, which allows yeast to prove
- Leave to prove in warm area for approximately 45 mins
- Once fully proven, knead again for a few mins
- Split in two portions and place in loaf tins
- Allow to prove for another 30 mins
- Bake in an oven at 190 degrees Celsius for 45-50 mins
- Remove from the oven and take out of loaf tin and tap the base to make sure its fully cooked.
- Cool on baking tray
Chef suggestion: Toast and serve with butter and a banana; ideal for breakfast or snack.